Return to Mainpage
LIFE IS A SERIES OF PROBLEM-SOLVING OPPORTUNITIES
The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you - depending on how you respond to them. Unfortunately most people fail to see how God wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring. Here are five ways God wants to use the problems in your life:
1.God uses problems to DIRECT you. Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is God trying to get your attention? "Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways." Proverbs 20:30
2. God uses problems to INSPECT you. People are like tea bags. . . If you want to know what's inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has God ever tested your faith with a problem? What do problems reveal about you? "When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience." James 1:2-3
3. God uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something ... health, money, a relationship, by losing it. ". . . It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your laws." Psalm 119:71-72
4. God uses problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious. Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem - but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management's actions were eventually discovered. "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good. . ." Genesis 50:20
5. God uses problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. God is far more interested in your character than your comfort. Your relationship to God and your character are the only two things you're going to take with you into eternity. "We can rejoice when we run into problems. . . they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady." Romans 5:3-4 (LB)
Here's the point: God is at work in your life - even when you do not recognize it or understand it. But it's much easier and profitable when you cooperate with Him!
"When we work, we work; when we pray, God works!"
* More and more inspirational quotes and phrases will be added from time to time. If you have any good ones you would like to share with everyone, please send it to us. Thank you.
This Website Designed, Hosted & Marketed By:
Internet, Marketing & Business Resources
Note: The articles and quotations featured on this column are meant for sharing with fellow web surfers only. We do not own copyright to any one of them. If you know of any original writer or author of any of the articles, please let us know. Thank you.
We believe that through constant sharing and positive discussions and exchange of ideas, we can all inspire each other to great heights.
The most important of all, we believe that we can all help each other in life and to achieve our dreams. Yes, we can all make this world a better place :)
If you happen to come across any broken link on this website, please inform us. Thank you and please come again.
This Website Best Viewed With 800x600 Resolution
Copyright © 1997-99 WWW.MALAYSIA-BEST.COM All rights reserved. All trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. Last Updated on August 04, 1999 Wednesday
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org